Production and Test Services¶
There are two interactive Webin submission services. One for test submissions and another for production submissions:
- Test service URL: https://wwwdev.ebi.ac.uk/ena/submit/sra
- Production service URL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/submit/sra
The test service is recreated from the full content of the production service every day at 03.00 GMT/BST. Therefore, any submissions made to the test service will be removed by the following day.
It is advisable to first test your submissions using the Webin test service before using the production service.
When you come to make a new submission, you will have the options described below. Follow the links for specific guidance on each submission activity. Please note that it is no longer possible to submit genome assemblies this way, please refer to the Webin-CLI interface for this.
- Access the above image by logging into your Webin submission account and going to the ‘New Submission’ tab.
- Use the Register study (project) option to register new studies.
- Use the Register samples option to register new samples.
- Use the Submit sequence reads and experiments option to submit sequence reads with associated experimental information. Ensure you have uploaded your read files first.
- Interactive submission of genome assemblies is no longer possible. This must be done using Webin-CLI
- Use the Submit other assembled and annotated sequences option to submit coding genes, rRNA sequences and other annotated sequences.
- Use the Taxonomy Check/Request option to check that your samples have recognised taxonomic classifications or to register new ones. You must provide a taxonomic classification for each submitted sample.
Each of these options will lead you to interactive web forms that guide you through the submission of these objects. Interactive submission is recommended for registration of your Study and Samples and for small scale Read or Sequence submission.